The determination of the local orientation and magnitude of the magnetization in films and single crystals plays a pivotal role in understanding and harnessing magnetic properties for technological applications. My work focuses on employing the polarization dependence of resonant inelastic X-ray scattering (RIXS) to directly probe the spin ordering with chemical and site selectivity. Applied on the prototypical transition metal oxides, such as magnetite ([Fe3+ ]A [Fe3+ , Fe2+ ]B O4 ), I study how to quantify structural and magnetic parameters from detailed angular dependence measurements and theoretical simulations.
2014 – present
Ph.D., Debye institute for nanomaterials science, University of Utrecht,
- Thesis Topic: X-ray RIXS dichroism of transition metal oxides.
- Advisor: F. de Groot, Prof. Dr.
M.Sc., Materials science exploiting large scale facilities, Joint degree between University of Rennes 1, TU Munich and LMU Munich,
- Thesis Topic: Magnetite thin films and colloidal nanoparticles: An x-ray absorption spectroscopic study
- Advisors: W. Schmahl, Prof. Dr. and P. Glatzel, Ph.D
- Accumilative Grade: A
B.Sc., Materials science and engineering, Double degree between TU Clausthal and Ain Shams University,
- Thesis Topic: Study of the formability of steel/polymer/steel composites
- Advisor: H. Palkowski, Prof. Dr.-Ing.
- Accumulative Grade: A, distinguished with honours
Born in Cairo, Egypt
Physical Review B, 101 (8), 2020, (cited By 0).
Physical Review Letters, 124 (6), 2020, (cited By 0).
Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 22 (5), pp. 2685-2692, 2020, (cited By 0).
Physical Review Letters, 123 (20), 2019, (cited By 0).
Low-energy orbital excitations in strained LaCoO3 films Journal Article
Physical Review B, 100 (16), 2019, (cited By 0).
ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 11 (39), pp. 36213-36220, 2019, (cited By 0).
Single Au Atom Doping of Silver Nanoclusters Journal Article
ACS Nano, 12 (12), pp. 12751-12760, 2018, (cited By 0).
See earlier publications on Scopus.