The determination of the local orientation and magnitude of the magnetization in films and single crystals plays a pivotal role in understanding and harnessing magnetic properties for technological applications. My work focuses on employing the polarization dependence of resonant inelastic X-ray scattering (RIXS) to directly probe the spin ordering with chemical and site selectivity. Applied on the prototypical transition metal oxides, such as magnetite ([Fe3+ ]A [Fe3+ , Fe2+ ]B O4 ), I study how to quantify structural and magnetic parameters from detailed angular dependence measurements and theoretical simulations.
2014 – present
Ph.D., Debye institute for nanomaterials science, University of Utrecht,
- Thesis Topic: X-ray RIXS dichroism of transition metal oxides.
- Advisor: F. de Groot, Prof. Dr.
M.Sc., Materials science exploiting large scale facilities, Joint degree between University of Rennes 1, TU Munich and LMU Munich,
- Thesis Topic: Magnetite thin films and colloidal nanoparticles: An x-ray absorption spectroscopic study
- Advisors: W. Schmahl, Prof. Dr. and P. Glatzel, Ph.D
- Accumilative Grade: A
B.Sc., Materials science and engineering, Double degree between TU Clausthal and Ain Shams University,
- Thesis Topic: Study of the formability of steel/polymer/steel composites
- Advisor: H. Palkowski, Prof. Dr.-Ing.
- Accumulative Grade: A, distinguished with honours
Born in Cairo, Egypt
Physical Review B, 101 (8), 2020, (cited By 0).
Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 22 (5), pp. 2685-2692, 2020, (cited By 0).
Physical Review Letters, 123 (20), 2019, (cited By 0).
Low-energy orbital excitations in strained LaCoO3 films Journal Article
Physical Review B, 100 (16), 2019, (cited By 0).
ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 11 (39), pp. 36213-36220, 2019, (cited By 0).
Single Au Atom Doping of Silver Nanoclusters Journal Article
ACS Nano, 12 (12), pp. 12751-12760, 2018, (cited By 0).
See earlier publications on Scopus.